While you may still have to drive all the way to Gurgaon to sample Hashimoto’s Yasai tempura or his signature sushi, we got him to part with his recipe for Chicken Teriyaki from from the kitchen of EEST – The Westin, Gurgaon. This may just end up being your go-to meal night after night for ease of preparation and guaranteed deliciousness.
Prep time: 1 hour
Caters to: 2 gobblers
Challenge level: Intermediate
From the pantry:
- 45 ml soy sauce
- 34 ml sake
- 34 ml mirin
- 2 grams garlic
- 1 gram ginger
- ⅙ piece leek
- ⅙ piece onion
- 14 grams sugar
- 180 grams chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- 10 grams butter
- 6 button mushrooms (sliced into halves)
- For the teriyaki sauce, mix all the ingredients in a pan and bring them to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Heat the butter in a non-stick pan, and sauté the chicken till it is semi-cooked.
- Add mushrooms and sauté till both chicken and mushrooms are cooked well.
- Add teriyaki sauce to the chicken and cook for about 2-3 minutes. Serve hot.
Serve on a bed of steamed rice or with mashed potatoes on the side.
If you have a fabulous recipe which you think will make us rush to the test kitchen, share it with us at firstname.lastname@example.org