Paneer Dana Methi
Paneer Dana Methi is a rich and robust dish which gets a touch of bitter from the methi dana, one of the key ingredients in this recipe.
Prep time: 45 minutes + soaking time
Caters to: 2 gobblers
Challenge level: Intermediate
From the pantry:
- 250 grams paneer
- 50 grams fenugreek seeds
- 10 ml oil
- 2 tablespoon whole cumin seeds
- 12 grams garlic
- 250 grams chopped onions
- 62 grams curd
- 1 tablespoon green chillies
- 1 tablespoon green coriander
- Ghee for frying
- 1 ½ teaspoons turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 2 teaspoons deghi mirch
- 1 teaspoon fried raisins
- ½ teaspoon nagauri methi
- Soak fenugreek seed overnight and boil them thrice to reduce the bitterness.
- Heat oil and desi ghee in a kadhai. Add whole cumin seeds and wait for them to crackle. Add garlic and sauté till it turns golden brown.
- Add chopped onions, cook till light brown in colour. Add green chillies, turmeric powder, coriander powder, deghi mirch, and curd. Cook till oil floats to the top.
- Add fried raisins, paneer cubes, and boiled methi dana. Add chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Finally add nagauri or kasuri methi and mix. Serve hot.
Featured Image Courtesy: vegecravings.com