A cheesecake that adds a health punch and is lactose free? Yes, it exists! Make this Strawberry Yogurt Cheesecake to get your fix of that no-bake-cake.
Prep time: 15 minutes + 5 hours 30 minutes setting time
Caters to: 16 gobblers
Challenge level: Intermediate
From the pantry:
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 eggs
- 170 grams Epigamia artisanal curd
- 226 grams lactose-free cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, cut to preference
- Heat the oven to 150 celsius and line a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- Take a small bowl and mix the graham cracker crumbs and butter together. Press this onto the bottom of the pan and refrigerate.
- Now, take a medium bowl and beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and eggs, beat again until smooth. Now beat in flour and curd till blended well.
- Take the pan out of the refrigerator and spread this mix on top of the graham cracker crust.
- Place the cheesecake in the oven. #DSSCTopTip: To prevent it from cracking, place a pan of water on the rack below the pan.
- Bake for 90 minutes, or until the centre is set.
- Let it cool for 30 minutes. Now, refrigerate for three hours, until chilled.
- Top with strawberries and serve.
It’s time to get cheesy!
Featured Image Courtesy: foodtolove.co.nz