You’ve had dahi ke kebab, you’ve had dahi aloo, it’s time for dahi chhole. Stir this Chickpea Yogurt Curry to relish a twist to the everyday dish.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Caters to: 4 gobblers
Challenge level: Basic
From the pantry:
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 6 cardamom pods
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 ½ cups onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger, peeled and minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup plum tomato, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Epigamia Artisanal Curd
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 870 grams chickpea, boiled
- Take a large skillet and heat oil over medium heat.
- Add cumin, coriander, cardamom, bay leaves, and cinnamon sticks. Stir constantly and cook until fragrant.
- Add onion and cook for 2 minutes. Now add ginger and garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Stir constantly.
- Stir in garam masala and stir for 10 seconds.
- Stir in water, tomato, salt, and chickpeas. Bring the mix to a simmer. Let it cook for 5 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Remove the skillet from the stove, discard the cinnamon sticks and bay leaves. Stir in the Epigamia Artisanal Curd and cilantro.
Featured image courtesy: seriouseats.com