The universal breakfast. Quick to make. As quick to please the palate. Comfort food that never fails. Yes, we’re talking French toast. But how about a French toast that has an entire city swooning? We got fashion blogger Shreya Kalra to reveal the recipe for her famous-across-the-capital French toast. Think strawberries, coffee, cocoa powder, and more. But do not think further, gather your eggs and get cooking!
Prep time: 15 minutes + 15 minutes setting time
Caters to: 2 gobblers
Challenge level: Beginner
From the pantry:
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons castor sugar
- 3 slices of multigrain bread (or any other bread of choice)
- Pinch of vanilla essence
- Coffee powder to taste
- Cocoa powder to taste
- Strawberries to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Cut the strawberries in half.
- Mix sugar and lemon juice and toss the strawberries in this mixture. Let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Cut each bread slice into half.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, castor sugar, vanilla essence, and coffee powder.
- Oil your skillet and set it on the stove on medium heat.
- Dip the bread slices into the mixture, front and back. Now, cook the slices on the skillet till these turn brown to dark brown in colour.
- Plate the French toasts and sprinkle with coffee and cocoa powder.
- Place the macerated strawberries on top.
And you have your French toast-to-impress prepped!