A colourful salad bowl featuring crisp cucumbers draped in refreshing lemon, bright cilantro, and zesty jalapeños. Quick-to-make and even quicker to eat, this healthy salad is perfect for summers!
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Caters to: 2-3 gobblers
Challenge Level: Beginner
From The Pantry:
- 1 jalapeño
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cucumbers
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- Deseed the jalapeño and dice it. Mince the garlic cloves.
- In a medium-sized bowl add the jalapeño, garlic, lime juice, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper. Add olive oil and whisk till it is well incorporated. Set aside.
- Finely slice the cucumbers. Use a mandolin if you have it, but a very sharp knife will do the trick. Add the cucumbers to the dressing and stir together.
- Add the cilantro to the bowl and gently mix it. You can either let it sit in the fridge to marinate for a couple hours, or serve immediately.
It doesn’t get ‘cool’er than this.
Featured Image Courtesy: thefoodcharlatan.com