When the King of fruits makes a comeback, you make way and honour it (you know you want to). Take a stab at this easy to churn out mango chutney, and have it all-day-everyday through summer.
Prep Time: 3-4 hours
Caters to: gobblers
Challenge Level: Beginner
From the Pantry:
- 1 kilogram raw mango
- 750 gram sugar
- 1 teaspoon black salt
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- A pinch of pepper
- ½ teaspoon powdered anise seed (saunf)
- Peel the mangoes. Remove the seed and dice the fruit.
- Place the diced mango in a pressure cooker along with the sugar and leave the mixture for 2-3 hours till it leaves behind all the water.
- Seal the pressure cooker and bring it to high pressure. Take it off the stove after two whistles and let it cool without removing the pressure cooker seal.
- Mash the batter with a hand blender or ladle.
- Add black salt, red chilli powder, pepper, and powdered saunf (optional).
- Mix everything together and voila!
#DSSCTopTip: Take 1-2 tablespoon of chutney and stir it in a glass of cold water. Add crushed mint leaves and a pinch of jeera, and you can also have a glass of aam panna.
Featured Image Courtesy: www.bbc.com