For days when you can’t decide between a ham & cheese SW and French Toast, here’s the perfect amalgamation for a stellar brekkie- Ham & Cheese French Toast.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Caters To: Four gobblers
Challenge Level: Beginner
From The Pantry:
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cups whole milk
- ¼ cup cream
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- A pinch of nutmeg
- Salt to taste (Note: The Parmesan will add to the saltiness)
- Butter as per requirement
- 4 slices of ham
- 4 slices of bread
- 1-2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cream, maple syrup, nutmeg, and salt.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and add some butter.
- Working swiftly, place one slice of ham in the pan, and top it with one slice of bread that has been dipped it in the egg mixture. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top of the bread and cook for about 1½ – 2 minutes on each side.
Serve with oodles of maple syrup and love.
Featured Image Courtesy: cathedralcity.co.uk