A traditional Cuban highball, Mojito is simple and simply divine. The refreshing combination of mint and citrus is apt for summers and revs you up even after the longest of days. Get the party going and add a little rum to your tipples, for nothing beats a classic mojito and we’ve got your back with a recipe that is quick to prep and quick to chug (that one’s not on us though).
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Challenge Level: Beginner
From the Pantry:
- 2 teaspoons castor sugar
- 4 lime wedges
- A handful of fresh mint leaves
- Crushed ice
- 60ml white rum
- A splash of club soda
- Add castor sugar and lime wedges in glass and muddle to release the lime juice.
- Clap on the mint leaves to bruise them and release their aroma.
- Rub the mint leaves around the rim of the glass and drop them in. Use a muddler or bar spoon to gently push the mint down into the lime juice.
- Fill half the glass with crushed ice and pour in the white rum. Stir the mix together until the sugar dissolves.
- Top up with crushed ice, a splash of club soda, and garnish with a sprig of mint.
Best enjoyed with some spicy fried prawns and your best mates!
Featured Image Courtesy: artleo.com