No one can say no to this ace presentation of indulgence. This Chocolate Banana Bread is so easy to make, you could do it in your sleep (don’t try that though).
Prep Time: 20 minutes + 1 hour baking
Caters To: Five gobblers
Challenge Level: Beginner
From The Pantry:
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed, plus 1 chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups refined flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a large bowl, mix the mashed bananas, sugar, butter, eggs, greek yogurt and vanilla essence.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Sprinkle over the banana mixture and stir gently.
- Fold in chocolate chips and chopped banana bits.
- Grease a loaf pan (9 inch x 5 inch) and pour the batter in.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or till a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack, while still in pan for about 20 minutes and then take out the chocolate banana bread from the pan.
Feel free to drizzle with chocolate sauce for some extra indulgence.
Featured Image Courtesy: thetoastedpinenut.com