Turkish flatbread, gözleme is the epitome of bespoke comfort food and stuffed with a variety of ingredients from spinach to meat & cheese to radish, it makes for an ideal mid-day, mid-evening, or midnight snack.
Prep Time: 2 hours
Caters To: 3 gobblers
Challenge Level: Beginner
From The Pantry:
- 600 grams wheat flour
- 80ml olive oil plus extra for greasing
- 95 grams thick greek yogurt
- 240 grams grated cheddar
- 300 grams mozzarella
- A pinch of smoked paprika
- Salt to taste
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, olive oil, and yogurt until the dough reaches a smooth consistency. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Remove from the bowl and knead on a floured surface until it reaches an elastic consistency.
- Grease a large bowl with olive oil and place the dough inside. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Once the the dough has risen, separate it into 6 portions and roll each of them out into thin circles.
- Fill half of each circle with cheddar and mozzarella, leaving a slight bit of the edge uncovered.
- Sprinkle with smoked paprika and salt to taste.
- Fold the circles over to cover the filling and pinch at the edges to seal.
- Lightly brush each semi-circle gözleme with olive oil and cook in a pan on both sides until golden brown.
Enjoy with a generous squeeze of fresh lemon juice on top.
#DSSCTopTip: Get your pack of smoked paprika by the ace gourmet store SPRIG here.
Featured Image Courtesy: donnayhay.com